Saturday, February 14, 2015

Elderflower Eye Solution

As soon as allergy season arrives, my eyes are a watery itchy red mess. The only remedy that seems to bring them comfort and relief is elder flower. I use the herb to create a strong medicinal tea. Then, I use the brew to create soothing eye pads that I can place right onto my eyelids to help relieve the delicate condition away. However, before any of you try this remedy it is best to speak with your doctor first to make sure it is right and safe for you to use.

Natural Ingredients Needed

The ingredients you will need to create the remedy are dried elder flowers and aloe juice. The reason I use these ingredients is that they help reduce redness and inflammation, as well as itching and burning sensations that eyeballs tend to get when allergens attack them. Not only that, but they help cleanse the allergens away from the sensitive areas gently without causing burning or stinging sensations. You can find the herb and aloe juice at any local whole food grocery store nearest you.

Creating the Remedy

The easiest way I find to create this treatment is by placing a cup of the dried herb into a pot with two cups of water. You may use distilled water if your water is hard or contaminated. Then, I place the pot on the stove, the lid on the pot and bring the ingredients to a roaring bowl. After, I remove the pot of ingredients from the stove and let the dried herb and water to form a healing tea that will be golden in color. I usually let the pot sit on the container with the lid on for up to four hours or until it has completely cooled. Once it has cooled, I pour in a cup of organic allow juice and combine the tea with it well. After, I strain the flowers from the liquid, pour the liquid into a clean glass bottle, and store it in the refrigerator. I find the treatment is a bit more soothing when it is cold. However, you may use this remedy when it is warm if you prefer.

Treating the Condition

The way I try my delicate allergy eyes is by pouring the cold solution onto cotton pads. Then, I squeeze the extra water out of them and place them onto my eyelids as I am laying down on the sofa or bed. I leave the pads on for about twenty-minutes because I feel that is just the right amount of time needed to relieve the itching, redness and watering right away. You may do it less or longer if you prefer. After, using the treatment my eyeballs feel a whole lot better and look better too.

End Notes

Those of you allergic to ingredients used in this remedy should not use it to treat your allergy symptoms. Otherwise, I have experienced no side affects from this treatment, and still find it useful on a regular basis relieve my allergy eyes. I hope those of you who make and use this too find comfort as well.