Friday, January 2, 2015

Relieve Bladder Infections with this Cranberry Remedy

Having a bladder infection is unbearably painful at times and often embarrassing for some people. For me, the infection started because of my weakened immune system. Fortunately, for me I have only experienced two infections in my whole life, but that is simply because I used a family remedy to prevent the infections from even occurring.

That old remedy is cranberry syrup for bladder health. The syrup is created from the freshest ingredients and specifically made with organic cranberries. The reason why is because cranberries contain a natural acid in them that helps keep harmful bacteria away. Cranberries also contain a particular antioxidants in them that helps make the bladder walls super slippery, which keeps the bacteria that causes an infection to begin with from sticking to the walls.

However, some harmful bacteria still manages to sneak their way onto the walls of the bladder and cause an infection even with the syrup, but the syrup is mainly to help prevent infections from occurring as often. I have to say for me it has worked well, which I one of the reasons I am here sharing this remedy with all of you.

Necessary Ingredients for Making the Cranberry Syrup for Bladder Health

The ingredient I use to make the cranberry syrup are two pounds of freshly harvested cranberries, but organic store bought cranberries are fine too. I also use a pound of raw honey, which contains antibacterial properties that are needed to kill the harmful bacteria in the bladder that could cause an infection to begin with. Another important ingredient I use is a sixteen fluid ounce bottle of Nature's Life Blueberry Pro-96 Acidophilus Probiotics Liquid Supplement. However, you use whatever liquid probiotic supplement you prefer. The probiotic supplement added into the syrup, helps boost the immune system, promotes a healthy digestive system and allows the good bacteria too overrule the bad bacteria in the body, which is what you want when you are trying to rid a harmful bacterial infection from the body.

Now I purchase all these ingredients from my local organic whole food grocery store, but you should be able to find them in herbal shops, regular grocery stores and health food stores as well.

Making Up a Batch of the Cranberry Syrup

To make up a batch of the cranberry syrup I begin by juice the cranberries in a juicing machine. Two pounds of cranberries juiced gets me about two cups of fresh cranberry juice. Once the juice is made, I pour it into a medium sized pot and turn my stove on low heat just to get the juice warm. You do not want to boil the juice because it will kill the medicine properties in it. Once the juice is warm, I remove the pot from the stove and I add in the pound on honey and the 16-ounce bottle of probiotics. After, I combine the ingredients together well until I get a slightly thick cranberry syrup that is very tart and sweet with a lovely cranberry flavor and color too it. Next, I pour the syrup into a sterile glass bottle, put a cap on it and allow it to chill in the refrigerator until I need to use it.

Using the Syrup for Preventing and Treating Bladder Infections

To prevent bladder infections I take one to two tablespoons of the syrup each day, every day. I have done this since I was little. So far, I can say it has worked well for me. During a bladder infection, I double the dose and take the syrup at least four times per day until the infection is gone, but I do this while on the antibiotic the doctor prescribes me because alone this remedy will not fully cure the infection.

However, before you take the remedy you must make sure it is safe for you to take by speaking with a doctor first. After all, some bladder infections may need a proper antibiotic that can only be prescribed by a doctor. Remember, this remedy is mainly to help prevent bladder infection and not to help cure them, but they can assist in treating the infections by stimulating urine productions and flushing the bacteria out of the body naturally.

Bottom Line

I know for my family and I this remedy has worked well for keeping bladder infection at bay naturally. However, everyone's body is different and what works for us may not work for you. Although, at least if your looking for a new remedy to try you have this old past down remedy now to make up and try to help aid in bladder infection prevention and relief