Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Homemade Ginger Honey Tea for Upset Tummies

When I have an upset belly and do not have any tummy tea, ginger ale, or stomach medicine I like to make my own homemade ginger honey tea. It helps calm my belly and get fluids back into me to help hydrate me again, and gets me feeling a whole lot better faster.

Ingredients Needed

The ingredients you will need to make my homemade ginger honey tea for your upset tummy are 1 teaspoon of powder ginger spice, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 cup of boiling water. You will also need a coffee mug and spoon to stir all the ingredients together. Now if you do not have these ingredients in your kitchen you can usually get them at your local health food or grocery store for under $5.

Making the Remedy 

Now the way you make the ginger honey tea for your upset tummy is by first boiling a cup of water in your microwave or tea kettle. Once a cup of water is boiled pour it directly into your coffee mug. Then all you do is stir in a teaspoon each of honey and ginger spice. Next, sip on the tea slowly until it is completely gone. You should experiences relief soon after. 

Why does the tea help? 

The reason why this homemade ginger honey tea works so well on upset tummies is because the ginger works as an anti-inflammatory too help relieve any inflammation in the stomach lining, and it works as a natural pain reliever too help calm the stomach aching. The honey in this remedy helps add something sweet to the tea while adding some B vitamins for energy. The water in the tea simply helps hydrate your body again so you can function. 

End Notes

I do hope this helps some of you out there with a tummy ache find some natural relief inside your own kitchen. I know it has helped me out tons when I was throwing up and cannot  run out to my local drugstore or grocery store to get medicine and ginger ale. I do hope those of you with a tummy ache, feel better soon.