Saturday, January 17, 2015

Review of Life by Chocolate

About a week ago I received some gluten free snacks to try from Aimee's Living Magic Store in York, Maine and on of the samples was Life by Chocolate. It was a scrumptious brownie made with organic raw ingredients toped with a thick chocolate icing layer. I have to say it was one of the most delicious gluten free raw organic chocolate snacks I have ever tried.

What is Life by Chocolate

Life by Chocolate is a gluten free chocolate brownie made with raw organic ingredients such as walnuts, coconut oil, sea salt, nectars, raisins, sprouted almonds, vanilla pods, cocoa butter and powder, stevia and maca. The brownie is soft and moist like a typically brownie would be, but with a hard delicious chocolaty icing. Each package of Life by Chocolate is packed with two chocolate covered brownies and I have to say that is plenty because I had one and couldn't even finish it because it was so rich in chocolate and very filling. I would definitely say it satisfied my sweet tooth just fine and was a lot healthier for me than a regular bakery brownie would be because it is made with whole foods that contain loads of nutrients that nourish the body.

Flavor and Scent

When I first opened the bag of gluten free brownies it was definitely a deep chocolate scent that made my mouth water almost immediately. The flavor of the chocolate covered brownie was a deep chocolaty cocoa flavor with a hint of fruitiness and nuttiness. It was very moist, but made me so thirsty when I had a few bites. The chocolate icing was very rich and creamy flavored, but a bit hard like dark chocolate. I would say it definitely taste better and was more filling and satisfying than a regular brownie.

How to Eat Life by Chocolate

I ate my Life by Chocolate for desert with a cup of chamomile tea. The tea helps wash down the sweetness of the rich chocolate brownie perfectly. I found the chocolate brownie and cup of tea to be stress relieving. When I was eating the gluten free brownie it was like my mind was only thinking about eating more of the brownie. It was like a mini chocolate vacation. After eating the brownie I didn't feel guilty or bloated feeling at all either which was very nice. Regular bakery brownies bloat me right up so I am definitely pleased with these gluten free ones.

Now you don't have to eat these brownies for desert like I did. You can eat them as a sweet tasty snack to help curve a chocolate craving, or to help boost your energy levels. I know I definitely has some serious energy after eating mine. You can even wash them down with coffee, milk, or water if you prefer, but I think tea washes the brownie down the best.

Personal Opinion

I have to say the Life by Chocolate is definitely the best gluten free raw organic chocolate brownie snack I have ever had. I will be getting more of them as soon as I finish my last sample. I would recommend these gluten free brownies to anyone looking for a perfect gluten free chocolate snack.