Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Natural Remedies to Help You Get to Sleep

Some of my favorite things to help get me to sleep at night are four natural remedies. The remedies are sleepy time tea, a lavender bubble bath, sleepy time lotion, and an herbal remedy called valerian root. These four things help soothe my body, mind, soul, and spirit so I can get to sleepy much easier at night. After all, I love feeling well rested and energized in the morning. If you have trouble falling asleep, or getting sleep, you should try these remedies as well. 

#1 Sleepy Tea 

At the end of every day, I drink a cup of sleepy time tea. The tea is soothing and relaxing as you sip on it, and it is filled with natural herbal tea leaves that help promote sleep by relieving physical and mental stresses. The way you make the sleepy tea is by boiling a cup of water on the stove. Then, pour the cup of water over a sleep tea bag in a small tea cup and allow it to steep for around 10 minutes. Once the tea is ready, just sip on it too help you unwind and relax. You can get sleepy time tea or bed time tea from your local health food store for around $3. You can get a blended sleep time tea that is handcrafted at your local tea shop if there is one in your area. 

#2 Hot Lavender Bath 
Hot lavender baths do wonders on the body and the mind. The way I like to make my bath is by pouring a few cups of lavender Epsom salt into a warm bath and allowing it to dissolve for a minute. Then, I like to get into the bath and soak for a good hour. This allows the warm water and heavenly lavender aroma calm my mind and my body while relieving any aches and pains I might have. After I get out of the bath, I feel all warm, calm, and relaxed and ready to head off to bed. You can get the lavender Epsom salt at any of your local drugstores for around $3.

#3 Sleepy Time Lotion (Lavender Lotion)

After my lavender bath, I like to apply a relaxing body lotion like Jason Natural Cosmetics Calming Lavender Hand & Body Lotion. This body lotion melts right into my skin and leaves my body scented with soothing and calming herbs. I like to apply this lotion by massaging a handful or two of it into my skin until it is completely absorbed. The scent of this body lotion helps me fall asleep. 

#4 Valerian Root 
The last thing I do before I go to bed is take the herbal remedy valerian root. I usually take one herbal valerian pill right before bed with a glass of water. The valerian root helps my body rest so I can fall asleep fast and wake in the morning feeling well rested. You can usually find valerian at your local health food and pharmaceutical store for around $7.

End Notes


I hope this little bit of information helps some of you out there who have trouble sleeping, finally get some sleep at night.