Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Remedy for Relieving Cluster Migraine Headaches

I was 15 years old when I got my first migraine headache. My head was pounding and my vision was blurry. Then, I started feeling nauseated and experienced body aches around the neck and shoulder areas. I began vomiting and feeling like my head was going to explode. All I could so was just lay in the dark room praying for this dreadful headache to go away, but it just hung around for what seemed like an eternity.

My Mom eventually took me to the doctors for some medical treatment and thankfully the doctor provided me with treatment that brought great relief. The doctor have me a sedative shot that put me to sleep so I could sleep the headache away. He also gave me some prescription migraine medication to help with future headache attacks. However, the side effects from the medications were awful. 

As I got older my migraines worsened to the point where I would have one each day for a week straight. They became out of control and I decided it was time to do some research on these headaches and find a treatment that would work so I could have my life back. 

The way I stopped these headaches was by keeping track of what I ate and drank. I even took notes of what stressed me out since stress is one of the main causes of migraine headaches. I also wrote down what I did each day, including work and school. My routine was the same and the things I ate and drank were good for me. I just couldn't figure out what was causing them. I had thought maybe it was food allergies and sure enough that was one of the reasons, but that didn't stop me from getting them.

I began researching remedies for migraines and came across a remedy known as Feverfew. I went to my local herbal shop and actually picked up some, but I wasn't so sure it was going to work. I was hopeful, but not sure. As soon as I got it, I started taking it right away. Sure enough it worked wonders, but you have to take it every day as a natural therapeutic treatment in order to experience continued relief. However, a proper diet with proper hydration helps to. 

So, if you cannot find relief from your migraine headaches try Feverfew. It's an herbal supplement that has been working well for me ever since I started taking it. I wouldn't know what to do without it. I love not having that monster in my head pounding away anymore. I hope those of you who try this herbal remedy experience the same relief. If not, I hope you find a remedy that does provide you relief from the awful condition.