Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Soothing Bath Soak for Sunburn Relief

I was outside doing yard work, and forgot to put sunscreen. I was completely red and burned with one of the nastiest sunburns I've ever had. I went inside and rushed into my kitchen and made a batch of my homemade soothing sunburn relief bubble bath that I call the, "Soothing Honey Mint Oats Milk Bath."

Ingredients
It contains natural skin healing ingredients such as honey, peppermint, oatmeal, milk, aloe vera, grape seed oil, vitamin e, Epsom salt, and butter milk powder, and let me tell you when you combined all these ingredients together, and slip it into a bath, you will get some seriously sunburn soothing relief fast. 

Creating the Soak 

Creating the soak is easy. Simply grab a 2-quart jar or container, a cup of honey, 10 drops of peppermint oil, 2-cups of oatmeal, 3-cups of milk, a cup of pure aloe vera gel, a cup of grape seed oil, 1/2 a cup of vitamin E oil, 2-cups of Epsom salt, and 3-cups of buttermilk powder. Then all you do is, pour the ingredients into the jar, mix or shake all the ingredients together in your container until it forms a milky colored thick gritty mixture that has this nice mint oatmeal like scent to it. It's that simple.

Using the Soak 

When your ready to take a soothing sunburn relief bath, all you do is take the soak, fill your tub up with warm or cool water whichever you prefer and get into the bath and soak. Your bath should have soothing oats floating in it and the bathwater should look milky with a nice peppermint oat smelling aroma coming from it. You will also notice a cooling soothing sensation on your skin, which is from the peppermint oil in the soak. Peppermint oil is a natural pain reliever because it contains menthol. After the bath, simply step out of the tub and pat your skin dry. You may even want to apply an organic aloe vera gel as well to ease any discomfort left and to help heal up the skin. 

End Notes

I hope those of you who try making and using this soak find soothing relief from your sunburn naturally. I know it helped me, but I am so remembering the sunscreen next time.