Friday, January 2, 2015

Nutmeg a Spice for Promoting Relaxation


Nutmeg may just be the spice that adds that extra goodness to special baked goods and sweet beverages such as eggnog during the holiday seasons, but I use the spice to make my delicious nutmeg sedation healing tea to help calm me down and relax me before bedtime. I also find the tea useful for relieving tension headaches, menstrual cramping, joint pains, gas and bloating, nausea, extreme fatigue and poor thinking. On extremely depressing days, I sip on the tea after work to help relieve stress, anxieties and any sadness I have. The tea even calms over thinking.

Healing Spices and Herbs Used to Make the Tea

All the spices and herbs I use in the tea contain a sedative or calming medicinal properties of some sort. Those spices and herbs being, organic nutmegcinnamon, dried orange slices, dried vanilla beans and passion flower. Not only do these herbs help promote a state of peacefulness within the body and mind, but they also soothe away pains too do to the pain relieving properties they contain. I know in the wintertime I get a lot of aches and pains and I look forward to making up a batch of the nutmeg sedation healing tea because it helps me find relief. These herbs and spices are also excellent to use to help treat insomnia as well. I know for me they have a very powerful sedation effect and put me right to sleep.

To find the spices and herbs, just visit you local herbal shop or grocery store. I know I can easily find all these ingredients in almost all the herbal shops, health food stores and grocery stores in my local area. However, I will say they can be a bit pricey, but I try not to think about the price and just think about all the cups of healing teas I will get when I combined the ingredients together.

Creating the Loose Leaf Nutmeg Sedation Healing Tea

Before I begin making my loose leaf nutmeg sedation healing tea I make sure I have a clean large wide mouth mason jar on hand. Then, I take a cup of dried chopped up orange slices, a fourth cup of dried chopped up vanilla beans, a half cup of dried passion flowers, a tablespoon of ground nutmeg and a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and pour the ingredients directly into the jar. After, I place the lid on the jar and give the ingredients a good shake together to combine them well. Then, I place the jar in a cool dry spot inside a kitchen cabinet until I am ready to use the tea to make a cup of soothing relief from all kinds of physical and mental health problems. You can also, wrap a bow around the lid of the jar to make a wonderful get well present or Christmas gift too. A jar of tea like this will be much appreciated by love ones. Just make sure you do not give it to anyone who has allergies to any of the spices and herbs inside the tea.

Brewing Up a Pot of the Nutmeg Sedation Healing Tea

Anytime I want a tasty brewed pot of my nutmeg sedation healing tea, I place two to three heaping tablespoons of the loose leaf tea blend into a coffee filter, place the coffee filter into my coffee pot, fill my coffee pot with water, turn the pot on and allow the appliance to do the rest. However, you will definitely want to make sure your coffee pot is super clean and does not taste like coffee. In my house, my coffee pot is specifically for brewing up teas because I hate coffee. Anyways, once the tea is ready, it has a lovely golden color with this warm spicy citrus vanilla flavor and aroma that is extremely healing to the mind and the body. Although, I find adding a teaspoon or two of raw honey into the tea makes it more soothing and pleasurable in taste. Once the honey is added, I sip a few cups of tea down and enjoy the after effects of it, which is pure sedation. You will definitely want to make sure you have several hours of quiet time after drinking this tea because it will make you drowsy and you will want to shut your eyes to relax. I know I always want to sleep after drinking this tea, which is why I find it is best to drink it in the evening after a meal or when your about to take a nap for some rest.

Precautions

Those of you allergic to any of the spices and herbs in the nutmeg sedation healing tea should not use it as a remedy to help calm you down or relieve other health conditions. Pregnant women should not use the tea either since the side effects are not known. Those of you unsure if the tea is safe for you or not sure simply take to an herbalist or doctor first to make sure it is safe and right for you. I can say, since I have been making and drinking this tea, I have experienced no side effects at all accepts for the drowsiness.