Thursday, February 12, 2015

Homemade Vanilla Mint Lip Butter for Dry Sore Lips

One of my favorite lip butters to make for my lips when they are super dry and sore is my Vanilla Mint Lip Butter. My homemade lip butter is very moisturizing and soothing and helps get my lips looking and feeling better after only a few applications, which is nice.

The ingredients you need to make my homemade vanilla mint lip butter is 1 tablespoon of shea butter, 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter, ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of beeswax, ¼ of aloe vera, 5 drops of vanilla oil, and 3 drops of peppermint oil. You can usually find all of these ingredients in your local health food store for under $20. Then for materials you will need 1 small microwavable bowl, a small mixing spoon, and a small lip balm container to hold the lip balm in after it is done.

The easiest way to make the lip butter is by placing all of the measured out ingredients into the small microwave bowl and place them all together in the microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are melted together. Then once all of the ingredients is melted together you will want to mix them all together really well with the small mixing spoon and pour the melted mixed ingredients into your small lip balm container. After you have poured your melted ingredients into the small lip balm container you will need to place it into the freezer for 20 minutes or until the vanilla mint lip butter is solid and has a light vanilla mint scent to it. Once the lip butter is solid, it is ready to be used.

My favorite time to apply my homemade vanilla mint lip butter to my lips is at nighttime before I head off to bed because in the morning my lips are healed and super soft and not sore anymore. The way I like to apply the lip butter is by taking a little of it out with my fingertips and than apply a nice thin even layer of the lip butter on my lips. It is that easy. You can also apply this lip butter to your lips whenever you feel your lips need a little nourishment and protection because the ingredients in this homemade lip butter contains natural moisturizers, vitamins, antioxidants, and even minerals that will help heal and protect your lips naturally.

I hope those of you who end up making my homemade vanilla mint lip butter have a very easy time making it, and I also hope you enjoy using the lip butter as well. I know once you try this homemade lip butter recipe you will not go out and buy lip butter in the drugstore to help nourish your lips. I wish you all the best of luck at healing and nourishing your dry sore lips.