Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lavender Rose Surface Cleanser

In this household, I hate using chemical-filled surface cleaners because of the way they affect my allergies. Instead, I love making my homemade lavender rose one that is all natural and extremely cleansing and calming to use throughout my home to help get it squeaky clean and germ free. After all, a clean home that smells good is a happy home.

Needed Ingredients 
To make my household cleaning product I use rose absolute and lavender essential oils because they contain anti-bacterial properties and they help fight away bad odors. In addition, they relieve stress as I do my housekeeping as well. The other important ingredient I use is hydrogen peroxide because it removes stains, kills harmful bacteria and virus germs too. Best of all, hydrogen peroxide does not leave things streaky either. However, if you do not like the essential oils used in this disinfecting spray you could always use peppermint and tea tree oil instead.

Materials Needed 
The materials necessary for creating this product are a sterilized spray bottle and funnel. These ingredients you can get at your drugstore, grocery store or hardware store if you do not already have them on hand, as I do.

Creating the Product

The easiest way I find to create the disinfecting housekeeping spray is by funneling one large bottle of the hydrogen peroxide into the spray bottle along with fifteen drops of each essential oil. Then, place the sprayer cap onto the bottle and give the ingredients a good shake together to combine them well. After, you are ready to get cleaning all those windows, counter-tops, linoleum and tiled floors, stove-tops, tables, marbled areas, toilets, sinks and any other non-wooden or fabric area of your home with the handmade product.

Properly Using the Spray

I find the easiest way to use the anti-bacterial wash is by squirting down the area I wish to clean up. Then, I take a paper towel or cotton cloth and wipe the area down. After, I move on to the next area that needs housekeeping. I keep doing this until all the spots I need wiped down are free from spills, stains, stickiness, grease and dust. 

Precautions


Do not use this cleaning solution if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in it. Do not use this spray on fabrics or wooden furniture or flooring because hydrogen peroxide might cause discoloration. Otherwise, overall I have not had any negative affects from using this housekeeping solution