Thursday, February 12, 2015

Avocado Hair Treatment for Adding Shine and Hydration to Hair

Once in awhile my hair needs a little pick me up to help make it hydrated and shiny, but I don't always have the extra dollars to go out and by a little pick me up hair treatment so I make my own at home. One of my favorite pick-me-up hair treatments to make is my tropical avocado hair treatment. It is super-moisturizing and really adds some nice shine to your hair while mending split ends.

The ingredients you will need to make my Tropical Avocado Hair Treatment are 1 avocado, ½ of olive oil, 1 egg, 1 banana, and 1 cup of yogurt. You can find all of these ingredients in your local grocery store if you do not have them at home in your kitchen. For materials you will need 1 blender, a small squirt bottle, and a plastic shower cap.

The way you make my tropical avocado treatment is by peeling and pitting the avocado and placing the peeled pitted avocado into the blender. Next you peel the banana and stick the banana into the blender with the avocado and pour in the ½ of olive oil and 1 cup of yogurt and than crack the egg and place that into the blender as well. Then all you do is turn the blender on and allow all the ingredients to blend together for about 30 seconds. After you have completely mixed the ingredients together you will have a rich creamy hair treatment for your hair that you can pour into a small bowl.

Then the way I like to use the treatment once it is made is by getting my hair wet under warm water until it is slightly damp. After I like to take the treatment and pour it directly into my hair and lather it really good into each strand of hair from roots to ends. Then I take the shower cap and place it over my head with all my hair in it with the hair treatment still in it and allow the hair treatment to soak into my hair for a good thirty minutes. 

Once the homemade hair treatment has been in my hair for a good thirty minutes I like to wash my hair like I normally do with an organic shampoo until all of the hair treatment is out of my hair. You should notice soon after using my hair treatment how soft your hair feels and how shiny your hair looks with most of the split ends mended nicely.

I do hope those of you who try making my homemade tropical avocado hair treatment have a very easy time making it, and an enjoyable timing using it in your hair. I know I sure do because I love the results I get after making it and using it in my hair. I wish you all the best of luck at hydrating and making your hair shinier.